What is a Gourmand Fragrance in Perfumery?
Gourmand fragrances constitute a perfume family based on notes from the gourmand group. These notes include sweet cotton candy, honey, baked goods, desserts, and pastries. It's essential to note that this category encompasses not only sweet aromas but any refined scent associated with delicious food that stimulates taste and olfactory receptors. For example, perfumes with heart notes of bacon or truffles are known. In summary, any gourmand fragrance is always linked to the delightful scents of the kitchen, comfort, and food. They are valued and loved by specific users – those who appreciate richness, security, and comfort.
The origin of gourmand perfumes:
Gourmand fragrances emerged as a distinct perfume group at the end of the previous century, rapidly growing into a diverse category. In the fast-paced era of money and career, an increasing number of people began to appreciate the scent of home comfort that they often missed in the office.
It all started with the fragrance "Angel" by Mugler, introduced in 1992. The heart notes of this perfume combined the tannins of chocolate, honey, and caramel, surrounded by shades of the aromatic wood plant Dipteryx Odorata and vanilla. This complex scent was initially met with mixed reviews but quickly became fashionable. Since then, oriental gourmand fragrances consistently garner interest, released annually by leading perfumers in limited batches. It's not mass-market; you won't find it in a regular store. Niche perfumery is designed for the chosen few.
In the early 21st century, besides simple gourmand fragrances, the perfume world started discussing intellectual scents. In 2006, Tom Ford released Black Orchid. Following this, oriental gourmand perfumes significantly increased in popularity. The secret lies in the Black Orchid by Tom Ford, which, at its core, blends patchouli and chocolate notes with the addition of truffle tannins. Tom Ford created a controversial fragrance that still raises questions among average consumers today but is cherished by refined noses for its non-trivial nature.
In 2014, another set of intriguing gourmand fragrances emerged – Black Opium by the Parisian high fashion house founded by Yves Saint Laurent. These perfumes combined coffee and vanilla notes at their core. The following year, fragrance enthusiasts were introduced to Baccarat Rouge by the perfumers of the French brand Maison Francis Kurkdjian. Once again, the fragrance was met with mixed reviews – some admire it, adore it, others hate it and avoid it, creating copies, releasing replicas. Notes from one bottle may reveal the aroma of pine for some people, caramel for others, and for others, it may evoke a hospital with medical bandages.
When, where, and how to wear:
Not everyone will dare to use such fragrances as an everyday scent, and that's okay. If you constantly emanate the scent of pastries, colleagues might suspect you have an excessive love for baking. And if you're wearing a fragrance with whiskey heart notes, people around you might form an incorrect, not entirely pleasant opinion of you.
These are unique niche fragrances that can be used on special occasions. If you want to remind a loved one of romantic weekends in Paris, apply a fragrance with the scent of coffee and pastries – the ones you had for breakfast. Remember a tour of Mexico? Reminisce more often with a fragrance featuring chili pepper notes.
Gourmand perfumery awakens the appetite and conjures up childhood memories. These compositions are worn to create comfort and alleviate stress. Psychologists practicing aroma therapy claim that winter is an excellent time for such perfumes. So be it.
Interesting facts about gourmand fragrances:
- Eastern gourmand fragrances for women often feature notes of chocolate and vanilla. On the other hand, men's gourmand fragrances can be built around scents reminiscent of barbecue, shashlik, or even alcohol.
- Many perfumes in this category are dedicated to the beverage. This is because the invigorating aroma of coffee is always associated with warmth, awakening, and joy. Another beverage often featured in such perfumes is tea – bitter, invigorating, tangy, and recognizable.
- Besides beverages, gourmet fragrances often draw inspiration from popular foods. Pizza and pie, complex Arabian desserts, light Italian cookies, fruits and vegetables, nougat, halva, and Turkish delight – all these are common notes in gourmand fragrances. As the saying goes, there's something for everyone.
- Interestingly, pure gourmand notes in a perfume are rare. They are usually surrounded and complemented by notes from other fragrance families. For instance, floral gourmand perfumes showcase tenderness and sensuality, while gourmand fragrances with woody tannins provide warmth and coziness.
- When choosing gourmand fragrances, it's essential to consider not only taste preferences but also personal qualities. Bold and decisive individuals may be drawn to contrasting combinations of coffee and citrus, while delicate women may appreciate vanilla and floral accents. Vibrant businesswomen could be gifted striking gourmand fragrances that blend spicy notes with savoriness.
Top 3 Gourmand Fragrances from Sisters Aroma
No major Perfume House overlooks this theme and always offers its own niche gourmand fragrances. Sisters Aroma is no exception. Choosing the best perfume is challenging, but customers find the following three particularly intriguing:
- Berry Me: This fragrance is equally suitable for both men and women who want to linger in the memory of their beloved. Its sensual and intriguing beginning, built on notes of juniper berries, dances with caramel notes and is surrounded by a trail of oriental spices. Your loved one will never forget this enchanting and intoxicating aroma. Purchase the perfume at our online store at the best price.
- Once: A gourmand fragrance that captivates from the first encounter with its lush bouquet flowing into a deep, sensual trail. Eastern top notes of jasmine remarkably unfold with fruity chords, dancing with spicy saffron. In the heart, grey amber and noble white cedar resonate with pine-freshness.
- Connoisseurs of gourmand fragrances will appreciate the Sugar Porn perfume. It combines spicy pink pepper with burnt sugar and the soft sound of cashmere wood. Order it on the website and receive it with delivery across Ukraine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are oriental gourmand fragrances particularly valued by both women and men?
In these gourmand bouquets, sweet notes are typically combined with a vibrant blend of spices. Psychologists assert that such combinations serve as a powerful aphrodisiac, signalling sensuality and attracting attention to it.
What gourmand fragrance is suitable for gifting to a man?
Apart from exotic fragrances (shashlik, sauce, whiskey), there are more conventional perfumes. Consider a robust, intense fragrance that includes not only oriental edible notes but also tobacco, leather, and woody undertones. Such perfumes are chosen for men who exude strength and confidence in their allure.
How are gourmand fragrances created?
They are a blend of natural and synthetic components. Most scents resembling food dishes are achieved through created aromatic compounds. However, this does not diminish their appeal for both women and men.
I bought a perfume, but I don't smell the advertised bouquet. They smell different to me.
This is one of the characteristics of gourmand fragrances. Each person perceives their unique notes and nuances in them.